I was so honored when the very sweet Lisa of Lisa Goulet Design awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award. Here's the skinny on the award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pay the award forward to 10 great bloggers.
4. Contact those 10 bloggers and let them know that they have received the award.
So, 7 things about me? I'm not used to giving a lot of personal details about my life, but here goes:
1. I absolutely must make my bed every single day. There's just something about getting into a freshly made bed at night that makes me say, "ahhhh".
Via Ralph Lauren
2. I wrote a fitness blog for a local personal trainer for 10 months in exchange for free personal training. Believe me, it doesn't get any easier the longer you train!
3. I used to dream of becoming an elementary school music teacher, but seeing as that I'm completely tone deaf, I gave up that fantasy early on.
4. My husband decided to make our honeymoon destination a surprise and spent months planning the trip. He was going to let me in on the secret when we arrived at the airport the morning after our wedding. Unfortunately, as our photographer was taking a few final pictures before we left the reception, my father-in-law's business partner yelled out, "Have a great time in Aruba!" We both could have throttled him!
5. I'm fairly certain that I should seek a 12 step program for my addiction to rearranging furniture and accessories and changing the look of my home. I once overheard my daughter's friend say that every time she comes to our home something is different.
6. I had the pleasure of participating in Extreme Makeover: Home Edition when they built a home for a family in my area who had adopted several children from Haiti. It was a fantastic experience. The designers were all so down-to-earth and spent a good deal of time talking to all the fans who showed up each day to watch the progress, take photos and get autographs.
The finished home. They really do complete it in 7 days!
7. I love to read, usually finishing one or two books a week. I prefer authors who publish a book every few years as opposed to ones who come out with a new one every nine months. Quality over quantity!
The best book I read in 2010, I'd highly recommend it.
There are so many blogs that I adore that I couldn't possibly name just 10. Instead, I'd like to give a shout out to two of my new favorites:
Thanks again to Lisa for the award!